hair!

hair!
with verena :)

Friday, June 15, 2012

more info on whats happening to my eyes

this is what they looked liked when i woke up this morning

all my life i have had a common condition known as strabismus.
when i was in elementary school, i was not progressing as i should have been (in 4th grade, i could not read)  so my parents took me to see many doctors when it was decided that i had EXOTROPIA.  this condiron is usually found when the child is younger because parents can see that the eye is turned out.  because i was older, there was a greater chance that i could lose vision in one eye also the usual treatment of patching or to strong glasses did not work so we went to surgery.

i had my first surgery in the summer between 4th and 5th grade at the university of minnesota faview children's medical center
the surgery worked for about 5 years when my eye started turning out again, so i went to se a new dr, dr watenabie at the st paul eye clinic were he did the same surgery on my other eye

its been 5 years from the second surgery and now i am ESOTROPIC or my eye is turning in.  it is virtually unheard of to go from being exotrpic to esotropic.

the original idea was that i was having some sort of muscle spasm, but the treatments for that have not been working, so i got refered to someone else.

during the past month i have had MASIVE changes in my prescription, they show no sign of stoping.


soooo yup.

thats the deal with that

have a good saturday!
<3 hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment