hair!

hair!
with verena :)

Thursday, June 28, 2012

getting to tuseday

tonight we went out as a family to eat, we had a gift card and it was really fun!!! nice to have some family time not at a clinic or a softball game...

the nurse from the clinic called me and we talked for a long time about what was going on.  we talked about my vision and belly issues and how it is related to this new thing i have.  she says that my body attacks the chemical that travels from the nerves to send the impulse to move my muscles.

MG affect every voluntary muscle: skeletal (hands, legs, arms...), it affects the muscles used to focus with eyes, it affects muscles used to talk, chew and smile.  it also affect the muscles used for breathing.  this can be very, very bad if those muscles get to fatigued.

she gave me things to do, rest helps. if i have problems breathing i am to lay down and use my inhalers IMEDENTLY.

because it affects the muscles that help you swallow food as well as the muscles that push food down your esophagus i have to be careful as to how much food i eat.  i can't eat a big meal because i could choke or it could get stuck.

she did not go into detail about treatment but it looks like a comination of meds, surgery and infusion therapy.  surgery would be on my eyes and a Thymectomy.  they will do a chest CT to check for thyoma because it is common in people with MG.

thats all the info i have right now.  just got to pray and wait for tuesday

<3 hannah

ps my hands are so tired from righting this... fast changes!!!

1 comment: